Parents will respect all coaches, referees and players at all times.
Parents will remember that all team coaches are volunteers and are doing the best
job they can.
Parents will let coaches coach and players play, understanding and allowing that
only the coach will be giving technical advice to players at games.
Parents will help ensure their players are on time for games and practices with
appropriate gear, and are dressed appropriately for the weather.
Parents will help their player understand what FAIR PLAY is and will help reinforce
the importance of the fair play policy with their player.
Parents will read and understand the RYSA’s FAIR PLAY policy (see below) and will
uphold this at all times.
Parents will stand on the opposite side of the field from the coaches and players
bench during games to allow coaches to coach, unless the coach calls a parent
over to help with subs, their child, or a medical issue. (U8 and older only)
A parent or caregiver MUST be present and able to participate with their player at all
sessions. (U4/5/6 only)
1. I will not force my child to participate in sports.
2. I will remember that my child plays sports for his/her enjoyment, not for mine.
3. I will encourage my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting
to hostility or violence.
4. I will teach my child that doing one’s best is as important as winning, so that my child
will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game.
5. I will make my child feel like a winner every time by offering praise for competing
fairly and trying hard.
6. I will never ridicule or yell at my child for making a mistake or losing a game.
7. I will remember that children learn best by example. I will applaud good
plays/performances by both my child’s team and their opponents.
8. I will never question the official’s judgment or honesty in public.
9. I will support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from children’s sporting
10. I will respect and show appreciation for the volunteer coaches who give their time to
provide sporting activities for my child.